Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Wedding and Another Birthday

We just got back from Utah last night. I love the dryness of Utah. We got to Ohio about 12:30 A.M., and I could still totally feel the humidity the second I stepped outside at the airport. Anyway, my little sister, Kelly, got married on my birthday in the Logan, Utah temple. It was a wonderful ceremony, and I was so happy to be able to be there for her sealing. It was amazing! I was ok sharing my birthday with her because I'm 27 this year. No need to celebrate that. Being at my little sister's wedding with two young children and a Mr. of almost 6 1/2 years suddenly made me feel a little old. I know that 27 isn't old, but when I was younger, I never imagined myself much past 25. I've already done most of the big exciting things in life like getting a driver's license, going on my first date, graduating high school, going to college, graduating college, getting engaged, getting married, having my first baby, well you get the idea. Turning 27 aside, it was a great birthday since I got to go to the beautiful Logan temple, I got to be with my family, and I still even got some cake. Even though I am 27, I know there's still lots of good stuff to come. 

My beautiful sister and her new Mr.

There was a lot of waiting around for the happy couple to come out of the temple and then during some of the pictures so the children had ample time to try and get into mischief...

 Emmitt has to be running and on the go ALL THE TIME. If he's not doing that...
 ...he's finding something he shouldn't to eat :)

 Mila and her cousins, Gracie and Layla, climbing in one of the trees on the temple grounds.

 Emmitt went nuts over the fountain! We could not keep him away.

 Mila and Papa enjoying the flowers.

I really wanted to get a nice picture of our little family dressed up at the temple. This is the best one. You can only guess how good the other ones were.
All in all, a wonderful day with the ones I love!

2 comments:

  1. i wish i could have been there!!! i heard it was wonderful and non stressful--the way it should be.
    happy belated birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (late) Birthday! I am sorry I forgot and didn't tell you earlier. I love your take on 27. Made me laugh. Sounds like Emmitt and Lincoln would get along...they both run everywhere and eat crazy things. I can't get Lincoln to stop eating crayons.

    ReplyDelete