Wednesday, July 11, 2012

2 Birthday Celebrations

Sam turned 29 on July 2nd. Poor guy had a pretty lame-o birthday because he was at work all day. He was supposed to go to a dinner for work that evening, but they ended up rescheduling, so I didn't have the traditional favorite dinner made for him. We ended up having Our Hero which was still good. I didn't even make a cake because I assumed he'd have dessert at the restaurant and wouldn't want anything else. He did love all his presents though because he picked them all out. We did nothing special and nothing was a surprise! I felt bad that it ended up that way. We did have a simple celebration at my parent's on the 1st, but he didn't want any cake so we had creamsicles instead.

Blowing out the creamsicle candle. He probably wished for a better birthday next year!

Our grand old country celebrated its birthday too! I love the Fourth of July! I have such an appreciation for my country and for the people who have made my way of life possible! We had such a great day. We went to a party with some people from church. There was food, swimming, and games.
Egg toss.

 Water balloon toss.

Lunch with Tanner.

Emmitt enjoying some root beer.

We went to Urbana to watch the fireworks at Grimes Airfield with friends. It felt like such an all-American way to watch fireworks. There were cornfields on both sides of us with the tiny airport close by. A small plane took off a bit before the fireworks and was flying over everyone. Sam was throwing a baseball with one of the other husbands, and the  kids were happily playing with sparklers, bubbles, and glow sticks. It was sort of a bittersweet time since it was our last outing with the Bingham's before their move. Mila misses Tanner so much already.
Mila and Tanner.

Emmitt found this helmet in the back of someone's van.

Throwing the baseball. He's still got "it" ;)

Try as he might, Emmitt could not get one bubble out.

The little airplane. The kids loved it.

Sparklers. I love Mila's face!

Happy Birthday USA!

1 comment:

  1. That is sooooo awesome!!! It brought back sooooo memories about Chad's forts(so huge), Grandpa's farm, grandpa's chicken etc. I hate that we haven't been out there since Grandpa's passing. I miss everyone. You lucky duck!! Thanks for posting the pics for those of us that could not make it.

    ReplyDelete