Monday, October 31, 2011

My Little Spooks

I LOVE HALLOWEEN! I'm not sure why I like it so much. In reality it doesn't have a whole lot of meaning to me except for seeing tons of cute kids in awesome costumes and using my kids to score free candy from strangers ;) Well, it is so fun to decorate for it and plan costumes. I think I started loving Halloween because when I was growing up Dad would leave to go to the Priesthood session of General Conference and Mom and me and my sisters would decorate for Halloween. Then when Dad came home he would see our spookified house. I just always thought that was so much fun. That was a good tradition.
Anyways, for better or worse, it seems like making holidays special is kind of the mother's domain. Now that I'm the mom, I get to do it. I love it! It's definitely in my top 5 favorites of being "Mom." It was pretty fun this year because Mila remembered Halloween from last year and so she was excited about it. Also, she picked out what she wanted to be. She started telling me like 2 months ago that she wanted to be a pink butterfly and she never changed her mind. I bought Emmitt's garden gnome costume last year after Halloween. Here they are...
 My little pink butterfly all ready to go.
 She was ecstactic about the jewels I put on her face. She talked about how we were going to put them on all day.
 I actually made her little skirt. I know there's the no-sew method, but I thought it would look better this way. I thought it turned out quite cute. She was thrilled with it so that's all that matters :)


 We only got the beard on him for about 20 seconds. It's not even totally on. He HATED it from the moment he saw it. He definitely doesn't look happy about it.
 Of course he slept through some of it. I was just glad that he was content enough to ride in the stroller the whole time. We definitely did not need E on the loose.

It was near to impossible to get a good picture of him. He was running through the house while I took these. I attempted the beard again. Wasn't happening.
They are so cute!
Hope everyone had a fun Halloween! 

2 comments:

  1. I just love Mila's smile!! It totally cracks me up!!! When are we going to get together?!?! Seriously, every time I read your blog I can't believe how many things we do that are the same. My fall looked a lot like yours...apples, apple butter, loving the beautiful weather. Did you guys buy a house? Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete