Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Never a Dull Moment

Although sometimes I wish there was! It all started New Years Eve. Emmitt helped me put the laundry from the washer into the dryer, and then we went to my parents for a little celebration. When we got home, I took out the load to fold it and there was a red crayon melted a little to the inside of the dryer. My heart sank. Red crayon was all over the entire load of whites!
Mila's brand-new unworn shirt! This is just a tiny example.
 It was too late to do anything about it and the next day was Sunday, so it had to wait until Monday. Well Monday came and I felt worse than I had in a long time. I had this horrible cold that my family had been passing around. I did not leave the house for days, and it took all the energy I had just to get us all dressed. My poor kids. By the weekend I was feeling better, but I had other things to do like getting Sharing Time ready for Sunday and getting things back to normal after being so out of it for a week. This Monday morning I woke up when Sam was going to work and just laid in bed thinking about what I wanted to get done. Physically and mentally I was finally able to tackle the crayon mess. When I went to the fridge to get breakfast for the kids everything in there felt cool-ish but nowhere near cold. I thought our refrigerator was broken. Upon further inspection, this is what I found...
I asked Mila if she had been playing with it, and she said yes. So the refrigerator and freezer had been off all night long! Almost everything in the freezer was thawed. I got to spend some time cooking meat and throwing things out. It did force me to clean it out. Is it pathetic that the thing I was most sad about throwing out was this... 
In my defense, this Whoopie Pie ice cream is splendid!

Being a mom is the most interesting job. But you probably know that ;)

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! When it rains is pours! I know mommyhood is full of suprises that never end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man. Bummer. There's always something to keep life interesting!

    ReplyDelete