Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Baby News

When I first became pregnant, we seriously talked about not finding out the gender so it would be a fun surprise at birth. As the months passed, and I kept predicting the gender based on one thing or another, we decided that we (mostly poor Sam) couldn't handle listening to my predictions until the birth. Plus, I went to Target one day and they had tons of adorable baby clothes for the first year that were on major clearance, and since I didn't know the gender at that point I didn't buy anything. That was sad for me and made me crazy curious. So we decided to find out. I'm too impatient for such games.
Sam didn't come to the appointment with me, so I closed my eyes during the parts where I would see something, and the tech put the gender pictures in an envelope for us to open together. It was so fun opening it together with the kids!
It's a BOY!!! 
Mila cried for the longest time because she wanted a baby sister so bad. 
Emmitt was excited because he wants another boy that we can name Emmitt.
I thought it was a boy for the first few months because of the way my sickness was, but then toward that last few weeks before the ultrasound I really started thinking it was a girl because I was still feeling so sick all the time. Then my friend who is two weeks ahead of me found out she is having a girl. It seems like babies are often born in gender batches, which happened with Mila and Emmitt, so I was a little surprised it was a boy. Although I think I would have been surprised for one reason or another no matter what.
 A handsome profile already!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! Congratulations! Your kids' reactions were too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! My Sam very much wants a baby brother too. I hope if baby #3 comes out a girl he won't be too devastated.

    ReplyDelete