Tuesday, November 5, 2013

September

PHILADELPHIA
We took a quick day trip to Philly with the Hadfields. We saw the temple construction site and some historical sites. Going to the temple site was neat because they gave each family a piece of granite dug from the bedrock during excavation.
 City Hall. Beautiful and huge building!
 Independence Hall. Unfortunately, we were too late to get tickets for a tour. We went on a Saturday, and they were gone early.
 The Liberty Bell.
 Being as patient as two kiddos can be.
 The stairs from Rocky. 
 We couldn't visit Philadelphia without getting a real Philly cheesesteak from one of the famous rivals.
 We chose Pat's this time. It was tasty, but I'd still like to try one when I'm not feeling pregnancy nausea.

FOOTBALL AND APPLE PICKING
SVU played the College of New Jersey so we met the Hadfields again in New Jersey. The boys went to the football game while the girls (plus Benjamin) went apple picking.
Emmitt absolutely loves going to games with Sam. It is adorable! I think Emmitt goes mostly for the popcorn and snacks, but whatever, he still gets so excited to go.

 I made some homemade bread this summer while I was feeling so sick, and all I wanted was some homemade apple butter to go with it, but sadly the stuff I made last year was long gone. Plus, apples were one of the only things that sounded good to me for months, so I could not wait for fall to get some really good apples to eat and to make more apple butter.
My apple picking partner.
 Benjamin photo-bomb.
 Mila picked like five apples and then she wanted to leave. It ended up being quite hot the day we went and we both had pants on. She really just wanted to go back to the entrance to play with these chickens.
Emmitt and I made apple butter a few weeks later, and it is so good! Now I just need to make some more bread to give that craving some closure.
And those were the high points of our September.

No comments:

Post a Comment