Friday, May 11, 2012

Easter

We had a very lovely Easter weekend. The weather was nice, the kids had a good time, and Mila learned that we don't celebrate Easter because of eggs. We had to work on that one for a while. We colored eggs and had an egg hunt on Saturday. Sunday we went to a wonderful church meeting, had a nice dinner with family, then went home and gave the kids their baskets.
 This was the first time Emmitt had hunted eggs. He was a pro.

 But then he took his eggs and dumped them in the garden. I had to convince him that he wanted to keep them.

 Mila had been looking forward to the egg hunt for some time and could hardly wait.

 Around this time she had been particularly obsessed with giving and getting pony rides. She asked me if I wanted a ride, but for safety reasons I had to decline. A few moments later I saw this out the window.

 How is this the best picture I have of them in their Easter clothes? They aren't even looking at me, and Mila doesn't have shoes on. 

 This "hat" is actually a toy dog's bed. He thought this was so funny.

 Mila was so careful and took things out one at a time to enjoy them. Emmitt just kept grabbing things and tossing them out until he got to this...
That was all he really cared about.

1 comment:

  1. Atleast you got a pic of your kids in their Easter clothes. I, on the other hand, didn't!

    ReplyDelete