Thursday, September 23, 2010

Capitol Discovery Week




Being a stay-at-home mom right now, I get a little bored with doing the same thing every day so I'm always looking for different stuff to go do. Well, we were driving down the road in Lehi and I saw a billboard advertising Capitol Discovery Week. I looked on the website and they said they were supposed to have rare artifacts from the founding on display, and it seemed like it was going to be a big deal. I had never been to the capitol, but was interested in seeing it and since Cheryl is also an from out of state, I asked her to come. So Cheryl and I head up with the kids one afternoon. We get there and there are no signs or anything directing us where to go so we just find a door and go on in. Once again there isn't anything or anyone to direct us to where we should be. We see some school kids obviously on a field trip so we assume we're in the right place. There were a bunch of glass cases with stuff inside that we perused, but it just really wasn't all that exciting. We were most excited about the Liberty Bell replica. Across the street was a travel information place with these two bison statues out front that Mila had a lot of fun with. In the last picture she is kissing it. Well the trip may have been lame, but at least we got out of the house I guess. Although, I'm not sure it was totally worth it though because all three kids screamed the whole way home. Well Cheryl, thanks for wasting your afternoon with me! I chuckle to myself every time I think about the fact that we went to Capitol Discovery Week!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was priceless. But just like you said, it was something to do and for that reason it was terrific. It's so easy to get bored.
    It didn't help that my stroller had a popped tire and I was getting certain text messages and was all emotional. HA! Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete