Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Week in the Ohio

Sam had work stuff in Minneapolis last week, so instead of flying out from PA, we drove to Ohio and he flew out from there and the kids and I stayed with the fam. It was such a relaxing, but busy week.
We went swimming a few times.
All Emmitt wanted to do was shoot hoops. I started making him come in the water with me to retrieve the ball because he was getting so sweaty.
 I wanted to get a picture of the kids and I. This was the best one. Emmitt was crying to get out of the boat and Mila didn't understand that she wasn't supposed to get into the boat, we just needed a smile. I really love the photos of reality sometimes that remind me what a funny job I have.
Pirates on the high seas.
 A crying pirate. He wasn't having a very good day.
 I had the kites in the trunk that we took to the beach so we played with them one evening, but we only had two so the kids were taking turns.
This prompted Brielle and Mila to try making kites out of paper and sticks. They didn't fly very well, but I loved that they tried. Kids are so creative!
 My sister, Megan, and I let the kids stay up until it got dark one night so we could do leftover sparklers. Sparklers never get old.
The kids started putting them into the grass because it would start bits of the grass on fire. Kids are such pyros. I know I was. My sisters and I used to start fires on the patio underneath our deck basically every time our parents would leave us alone.  
My favorite spot at home.
Emmitt playing by "the tube" as everyone calls it. It just goes underneath the road to the other side to drain water. I actually really don't like it when they play there. It's too close to the road and there can be quite a bit of mud. Both of which increase it's allure. Mila is fine there, but Emmitt's still too young.
A picnic of fake food and cereal on the driveway.
Slip-N-Sliding!
Mila only went down this one time and decided it was too cold and hurt her bum. She wanted to go back to playing dress up.
Emmitt loved it, but he never quite got the vision of getting a running start to pick up some speed. He pretty much scooted down every time.
He dressed himself. The ensemble included a pink velour shrug he took off one of his cousin's stuffed animals.
We celebrated Brennae's birthday while we were there. The kids wanted to fly kites again so grandma got one for everyone. It was a perfect day for kite flying.
They blew bubbles.
And there was cake, of course.
Caylee, Brielle, Brennae, Braelynn, and Mila (who may not learn to look at the camera without 10 tries until she's 25).
We ended the trip with the traditional trip to Young's Jersey Dairy. We enjoyed tasty ice cream, and the kids couldn't get enough of touching and feeding the animals.
 Especially these cute baby goats.
We miss being at Papa and Nanny's!
And I am officially caught up.

1 comment:

  1. Ok my mouth just started watering...I want to get some ice cream from Young's!!

    And I wish I was caught up...I'm 6 months behind!!!

    ReplyDelete