Monday, July 22, 2013

NYC!

This weekend was fantastic! My dear friend, Julie, and I went to New York City to see the musical Wicked! We loved it! We got there Friday night and walked around the city for a few hours. We stayed at a hotel and talked until almost 2 like a couple of teenage girls with no responsibilities. It was fun! We did some more exploring on Saturday morning and saw the show in the afternoon. Then we headed home. NYC is such a busy place, and I've never been anywhere like it.
Lego Statue of Liberty, ferris wheel, and the Wonka section at the Toys R Us store.
I couldn't help but think about how much the children would have enjoyed this store.
 A neat outdoor restaurant in front of the Rockefeller Center.
 The Rockefeller Center. 
There are flags from around the world surrounding the plaza.
 The Manhattan Temple.
This guy was rockin the steel drum in the subway.
 Wicked was wonderful! It is such a clever twist on the story we are all familiar with. The music was amazing, and I particularly loved the voice of the actress who played the wicked witch.
Reality certainly was straight ahead.
That night Emmitt started screaming about 2:30 in the morning because he had thrown up all over himself and his bed. I mean all over. I think the weekend he spent with dad was too wild for him. Had I not just spent more than 24 hours away from him I might have been upset, but I really missed my children so it felt nice to be able to wipe him clean and make him feel better. Mila hopped in bed with me in the morning and was so excited to tell me about all the things they did with dad while I was gone, and I was excited to hear about it too. It's hard to be away from them that long! Thanks, Amos and Julie for making all the arrangements. And thank you, my sweet love for letting me have a fun getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment