Sunday, March 2, 2014

February

February was a lot like January. Crazy cold with tons of snow.

Mila's birthday was on the 13th, but Sam was out of town until the next day so we planned to not do anything without him except go to Mila's choice of restaurant.
The night before, I covered her door with streamers after she went to sleep to surprise her first thing. I was hoping to wake up before she did and see her first reaction, but she woke up before me and crawled underneath them and came to get me. She was so excited! She crawled back in to her room and then busted through them.
School was cancelled on her birthday, and the roads were too bad to go to a restaurant so she had a really lame day. I felt so bad! But she was so grown up and sweet about it and didn't even complain that she didn't get to open any presents. She did get to play in the snow for hours while I dug us out. Since we live in a townhouse with a postage stamp for a yard, there literally was nowhere to put all the snow except for up.
Mila on top of one of the snow mountains in our neighbor's yard.
Emmitt helping me clear the driveway.

School was also cancelled on Valentine's Day. After some more snow shoveling to get out of our driveway, we went to Red Robin for Mila's birthday meal. I thought it was kind of a funny choice for a six-year-old, but the last time we went was with friends so every time we drive past she reminds me that she ate there with Ana.
She told me that she wanted them to sing to her for her birthday, so I asked our waitress when we ordered, but then Mila was nervous for most of the meal about it actually happening. She is funny like that. She barely looked at them while they sang. In the end, she decided it was totally worth the nerves for the ice cream sundae. She talked for the rest of the day about how she couldn't believe that they brought her a sundae, and she kept asking me if I knew that they were going to do that.

37 weeks. Almost there! Sam is out of town again until the night of March 12, so I'm praying that our little guy does not come early.  

A few days ago Emmitt really wanted to wear this shirt even though I tried to tell him that it was  a bit too small. Then he wanted all the buttons buttoned, but I told him that he would be more comfortable if we left the very top one unbuttoned and that we usually only button the very top button if he's going to wear a tie. He insisted on having all the buttons buttoned, and I left it at that. The next time I saw him he was wearing a tie. 

On Friday Mila had mismatched day at school. She was so excited about its arrival and couldn't wait to go to school in her funky outfit. After school, I asked her how mismatched day was and if she liked everyone else's funny outfits. She said one boy wore two different shoes, but other than that she was the only one who remembered! She didn't care at all. I laughed so hard! I could only think that in a few years something like this will matter to her a lot more. I like her not caring.  

And the next time I post it will be to introduce my new little handsome!

No comments:

Post a Comment