Saturday, August 18, 2012

Mila's Half Birthday

On Monday the 13th, we celebrated Mila's half birthday. We have been celebrating a lot of birthdays lately, and she is always sad that it's not hers. I had a couple little things for her that I had gotten really cheap, so I thought we could liven up a mundane Monday. She was so happy! She kept telling me all day that it was the best birthday EVER!


I blew up balloons to have on the floor in the living room when she woke up. They were left over from Valentine's Day when Sam and I were engaged, so I've had them forever. When she came out of her room, she saw them and asked me what the balloons were for. I said, "Happy half birthday!" She had the most confused look on her face for a second. Then I said it again, and she got really excited. She wasn't sure how old she was so she said, "Am I five or what? Or am I four?" 


Daddy brought home some special balloons after work.


It was FHE anyway, so I had Mila pick out our treat. We sang, "Happy half birthday to you..." and you know the rest.


I love making this cute girl happy!

P.S. We went to the zoo last Saturday. It was a cool, cloudy Saturday in August, and the zoo was completely packed. The parking lot was full so we had to park in a grass lot, which was also almost full. After we saw the tigers, the kids started pretending they were tigers. They were roaring and trying to climb up some rocks, and I could not get Emmitt to walk. So all these people were trying to avoid the kid that was roaring and climbing around on all fours. It was so funny!


2 comments:

  1. Fun! I might just have to steal your idea and do it with LIncoln. He has been talking about his birthday so much lately. And I've always debated on doing a half bday for him anyway since he is also February and the weather stinks then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a fun mom! Your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete