Monday, August 13, 2012

Virginia Beach, Part 2

THE BEACH! Oh, it was so much fun! I hadn't been to the beach in almost 10 years. Nothing beats the sound of the ocean. We spent a day at Sandbridge beach. It was crowded, but we still had a blast. So, I failed to mention that Derick and Cheryl have a son, Lincoln. He's about 4 months older than Emmitt, but he's Mila's size. He, of course, was on this trip too :)
Crowded beach.

Mila contemplating whether or not to touch the water.

She opted for building a sandcastle.

Sam and Emmitt spent lots of time in the waves with Derick and Lincoln.

Lincoln and Emmitt chasing seagulls. They spent lots of time doing this.

Sitting in a sand hole + body and face covered in sand = pure joy

While Cheryl and I were snacking with the kids under the umbrella, Derick and Sam built the kids a sandcastle which they destroyed about 30 seconds after this picture.

Mila could not wait to collect shells. The shells on this beach were mostly fragments, but she didn't care. She spent most of her beach time shell-hunting.


The next evening we went to a different beach, and it was beyond perfect. The weather was dreamy, and the beach was almost empty. The kids were much more comfortable with the water as well.
Sam and Emmitt mid-wave. 

Lincoln let Derick bury him in the sand, so Emmitt decided to give it a try. He thought it was fun.

It is such an amazing feeling to have the waves rolling over your feet while the sand is moving underneath them. I'll bet you can't guess which sexy thighs are mine ;)

Emmitt and Mila running through the water.
Although I have tons more beach pictures, I will leave it at this and just say again that it was wonderful. Stay tuned for more...

1 comment:

  1. Probably a good decision for you to just pick a couple of pictures....my post is like 10 times too long! But I wanted lots of pictures for our family scrapbook...that's basically why I blog.

    Man, I want to go back so bad! I took Lincoln to a nearby lake yesterday that has a beach and I was so wishing for the ocean!

    ReplyDelete