Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day!

Sadly, I did not get to spend Valentine's with my sweetheart :( He left for Kentucky this morning to do some training for work. Even though he had to leave very early, he still managed to have flowers and a card on the table for me when I woke up. What a sweet man I have! However, I did get to spend the day with the two little Valentines he has given me! I just love my little cherubs!

Every year since I can remember, my dad has gotten all of his girls a Valentine's gift, and we have had a special Valentine's dinner usually consisting of red and heart-shaped foods. It's always been something I've looked forward to, and I'm glad I got to be here again for it. Our gifts this year were cute earrings and chocolates. My gift to everyone was the third installment of my Ultimate Love Mix. I made the first one for the first Valentine's Sam and I were together. Making this mix has been a source of stress for me because I started making it too late, and because it can't be done until I feel it's perfect. I made it on Friday, but it just wasn't right, so I made some revisions today and burned new copies. Here was our beautiful table. Notice the flowers from my love on the table :) Perfect.

I made a delicious heart-shaped pizza. Erin and her kids were here again, and Megan and her kids were supposed to come, so we figured that pizza would be something the kids would eat. I'm always in the mood for pizza anyway. I have to say I've gotten quite good at making tasty crust.

Mom made heart-shaped Jell-O jigglers which Mila could not resist. She hadn't even had any food yet. Between the jigglers and the chocolates sprinkled over the table, she certainly spoiled her dinner.

For dessert, we decorated heart sugar cookies.

The frosting knife had more contact with Mila's mouth than it did with her cookie. Big surprise.

She's not even pretending that she's working on a cookie!

Later, while I was busy feeding Emmitt his food, I caught Mila serving herself a big bowl of Jell-O. I hope she doesn't go into a sugar coma tonight.

2 comments:

  1. What fun traditions! I love Mila's heart dress. She is such a little stinker! And Emmitt is getting so big! Yes, I would have to say that you make yummy pizza. I use your crust recipe too, but we found that we like it thin so I make 2 cookie sheet pizzas out of one batch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I hope I am that creative with my kids :o)

    ReplyDelete