Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Yesterday at church I watched my kind, handsome husband, the father of my children, on the stand. I was wishing a little bit that he could sit with me, but mostly I was just feeling grateful that I get to share my life with such an amazing man. I can get in the habit of feeling sorry for myself that I don't always get much out of sacrament meeting. This is the third bishopric that Sam has been in and sometimes I miss sharing Sundays with him and having him home more during the week. After my pity party for myself on Mother's Day, I was talking to the new Bishop's wife about how hard it is for me sometimes to not have him around, and she told me that I should just be thankful that he is away from me on Sundays and in the evenings doing church work because he could be somewhere else. That was a bit of a wake-up call to me about how much of a baby I've been about it. She was totally right. Since then, I've really tried to change my perspective about it, and it has really helped. So, sorry if I've been a Debbie Downer :( 


For Father's Day I needed to think of a cheap, but meaningful gift for Sam since we got the Nike sportwatch (I totally love it!) as a Mother's/Father's Day gift. Pinterest saved the day! I got this very cute idea here. My plan is that I want to update the pictures for every Father's Day and put the ones that I take out into an album.
 I think it turned out really well, but Emmitt was a beast to work with. For example...
tossing the letter aside,
 pouting,
 and turning the letter the wrong way. I should have painted both sides.

 I also wanted a 4x6 for Sam to put on his desk at work. This was the best one I got with all the letters facing the right way.

I asked Mila the questions on this form and helped her fill it out. She did write her own name and Sam's. My favorite answers were that Sam is 28 pounds and when I asked her how tall he was she said, "Oh he is strong!" She said his favorite t.v. show is motorcycles (which he never watches any motorcycle stuff), his favorite clothes are "church clothes and work clothes" (he would disagree), and when he goes to work he "talks to people." It was really fun to hear her answers.

The kids playing with Daddy before bed. 
Thanks to my sweetheart for being such a good daddy to our little ones, for being so good to me, and for taking care of us all.
Thanks to my daddy aka James Bond (minus the womanizing) for being such a good daddy to me, for always protecting our family, and for helping me in church with Emmitt.
Thanks to all the men who love their wives and their children, who work hard to support them, and who lead them by righteous example.
The world would be a better place if there were more men like them!    

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture. I did a similar one for Derick and he loved it. I like the idea of putting all of them into an album too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, it's killing me that we are only 6 hours apart and we haven't seen you. We need to just plan something! Preferably here or there, but even meeting 1/2 way would be better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best photos are the ones that do not turn out perfect...the D backwards--i think those are the cutest and most meaningful. It captures the true meaning of life not the posed ones--although they are nice to have.

    ReplyDelete