Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Us Lately...

We've been having some fun. It's been a month since I last posted (shocker, right?) so I'll try to catch up.

We've been playing in the backyard. We got a swing set. A new Ace's Hardware was opening up like a half hour away and for the grand opening they were selling these for $100. I saw the commercial and hurried over the next day. I price compared it with others that had the same amount of stuff, and it would normally be more like $180, so I was happy. So were the kids :)


We've been playing golf.


We've been going to the "beach."

They set their chairs up on the blacktop and it made me smile when I saw their little feet peeking out from behind the car.

We went to a baptism at a member's house, and we had a blast playing in their yard. We need to go back in play clothes next time.
Sam and Emmitt had so much fun on the pedal car.

You can't really tell the awesomeness of this swing from the pictures. When you swing out the ground drops off so you're like fifteen feet off the ground. The first time I went out it totally made my stomach flop. So much fun!

 Dad, Mom, me, and Sam on THE swing.
 They even have a caboose! 

We'll definitely be going back to play some more.

We flew a kite on Memorial Day.
Mila
 Emmitt
 Sam got it going really high.

We had an egg hunt. We had had a pretty bad day so I told the kids that if the rest of our day went better we could have an egg hunt. I got this particular egg hunting set of adorable pre-filled eggs on clearance after Easter for $1. I like to have a number of these on hand just for days like this.


See how happy they are? Works like a charm!

2 comments:

  1. Where on earth are you?! Those swings look like so much fun and you look tiny. I thought you were a little child at first then realized the swing is HUGE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice big yard to play in! Man, when we lived at Derick's parents' house, we had a swing set, sand box, and lots of other toys. I am really missing those right now. I'm sure the kiddos will get lots of use out of that swing set!

    I want to see you guys so bad.

    ReplyDelete