Saturday, June 16, 2012

Life With Emmitt, Part 1

Emmitt turns 2 on Friday, June 22nd. I've been thinking a lot about the busy little boy who fills my days with messes and smiles. And tantrums too. Since he was about 18 months, he has been in the wonderful stage of toddlerhood where a lot of days are just really hard. I remember feeling this way with Mila, and it passed. She grew out of it. Emmitt will too. Even with how irritated I feel sometimes and how much extra work I get to do, I can't help but remember the feeling I had when he was born, that a strong, special spirit had entered my life. As a tribute to my Emmitt, I'm going to share some posts about life with him over this next week.


Emmitt had an exciting life even before he was born. He did all sorts of stuff in utero.
Emmitt graduated with me.

He came along on a visit to the Appomattox Courthouse. In my family, this place is a big deal. In case you didn't know, this is where the Civil War ended. My dad knows everything about the Civil War.


He went to the National Zoo in Washington D.C.

He was there while we fed ducks in front of the Washington Monument.

Emmitt was there when we went and played at Boxerwood Nature Center and Woodland Gardens in Lexington. A really fun place for kids for all you living in Virginia.

Emmitt loved bouncing around with us on a giant wooden wagon at the Virginia Safari Park exactly a week before he was born. It scares me now to think that I did that while I was so close to delivery! I actually cried about it in the hospital the night I delivered him. More on that next week. This is also a must-do activity for Virginia folks. I've been missing Virginia, sigh.
Check back this coming week as I celebrate my life with Emmitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment